The Phinsider Radio slider shows notes for June 13, 2021.
Linebacker Jerome Baker and Miami Dolphins has agreed to a three-year contract extension worth $ 39 million, including $ 28.4 million guaranteed.
- 71 percent of the contract is guaranteed.
- Jerome Baker on Friday: The contract is the contract. I really do not care about that right now.
“I’m out here,” Baker said. “I’m just doing my thing. All those things will find out on their own.”
“I mean, we haven’t really talked about anything. I’m just going into this year and …”
– Jake (@ JMendel94) June 13, 2021
- Went into the final year of his rookie deal
- Barry Jackson: One of only two linebackers in the NFL last season with more than 5 sacks and more than 100 tackles.
- 112 tackles and seven sacks in his sophomore year under Brian Flores
- 126 tackles 1.5 sacks and INT in 2019 … the defense got better and as a result he did too.
- 12 solo tackles week 1 mod New England Patriots
- Had at least eight combined tackles in seven games
- Played at least 94 percent of snaps in eight weeks
- Three years is a long time in the NFL; Dolphins have him locked up until he’s 28.
- An election in the third round of 2018 NFL Draft.
Is it too early to worry about Xavien Howard and his contract?
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler: “Miami does not want to do anything [Xavien Howard], but it’s the worst kept secret in the league that Howard is not happy with his contract. ”